Please note, neither Mighty Ape nor the courier company used can be held liable for improperly packaged items which have been damaged in transit. Please take the time and care to read through the below recommendations on how to package your item.
If you’ve contacted Mighty Ape about returning a product and have received a return authorisation from our customer services team, you may want to take the below into consideration when packaging your return.
When returning a product to Mighty Ape it is important to ensure that it is packaged securely in order to prevent any damage from occurring to the item. Unfortunately, if an item is damaged in transit due to insufficient packaging, we will not be able to cover the item, and the product’s warranty may be voided.
Please keep the following in mind when packaging your return:
- Select a suitable box. Look for something with similar dimensions to your item so that the item sits firmly, as this will help prevent movement and damage.
- Consider the weight, fragility, and value of the items you are shipping.
- Try and ensure that there is at least 6cm of space between the edges of the box and your item.
- Avoid using older or damaged boxes, as they may have lost some of their rigidity and be prone to further damage.
- It’s important to fill all empty spaces within the box. Ensure that you completely fill the areas around the item to avoid contents moving while in transit.
- Ensure that the item is well padded on all sides. Items without sufficient padding on all surfaces may be more likely to be damaged.
- If you do not have suitable packaging materials, your post office should have suitable materials available for purchase.
- If shipping multiple items in a single package, always wrap each item individually.
- Small or loose items should be placed in an inner container or plastic bag to avoid items separating during transit.
- Apply special handling labels (e.g. Fragile tape), as this can help ensure the appropriate transport, handling and storage of the shipment during transit.
- Note your tracking number once you have handed your parcel over to the Post Shop/courier.
Internal Packing Materials:
- Bubble wrap is great for providing cushioning and protecting the item.
- Air bags are suitable for filling empty spaces around the contents.
- Crumpled paper or newspaper is a low-cost option for filling empty space and adding padding.
- Foam peanuts/pellets provide cushioning.
So that we can continue to do our bit for the environment, we kindly ask that you do not use reusable or plastic grocery bags to pack your return.
For the health and safety of our team, we kindly request that items are returned in a hygienic condition. Please clean any dirty or soiled items before returning them to us. For hygiene purposes, we also ask that returns are not packaged in bedding/towels or clothing.
If you have followed the above and your item has been sufficiently and securely packaged, then not to worry! If any damage is incurred through courier negligence, we will be able to assist you in making a damages claim with the couriers to ensure that the damage is covered.