We are aware that members of the public are being targeted by phone scammers posing as Mighty Ape, asking to verify an order that they have made (which has not been made) and then being asked to download a remote access software. If you receive a call like this hang up immediately.
- Never disclose your banking passwords, PINs, security codes or personal financial information to anyone even if they say they are from the Mighty Ape, the bank or the Police.
- Stay vigilant when anyone contacts you out of the blue with unusual or urgent requests.
- Don't install software on your devices that you are not familiar with.
- Don't let anyone have remote access to your devices, regardless of where they say they are calling from.
- Protect your devices and accounts with strong passwords and keeping all software up to date.
If you think you have been the victim of this type of scam please contact your bank immediately and contact Mighty Ape on email@example.com.