Last updated: 20 August 2020
Retirement of Lay-by service: Monday 14 September
Mighty Ape will no longer be accepting any new Lay-by orders after Monday 14 September. Any existing Lay-by orders made before this date will not be affected by this policy, and customers will have the full 3 month period to make payments on their Lay-bys and receive their orders.
Mighty Ape now accepts After Pay and we recommend this as a suitable alternative. Afterpay allows customers to pay for an order in four fortnightly payments (whilst also receiving the order immediately) and is available on selected products in the Checkout.
Lay-by Terms & Conditions
Lay-by is available on a “case by case” basis to approved customers. To enquire about buying on lay-by please contact our support team who are very happy to assist you!
Terms & Conditions of a lay-by sale
- lay-bys are only accepted for orders $50 and over
- a 20% deposit is required (policy introduced on lay-bys created from 19 July 2016)
- payment is required in full within 90 days of placing the order
- the number and frequency of payments is at your discretion
- individual payments must total $10 or more
WHAT YOU PAY
- the price of your lay-by items will not change after your order has been placed
- if new stock of the same item arrives at a higher price, the price of your lay-by item will not increase
- if new stock of the same item arrives at a lower price, or if the item goes on sale, the price of your lay-by item will not decrease
- at any stage in the lay-by sale you can request the price of the items, how much is still owing and the total amount that you have paid
CANCELLING A LAY-BY
- you can choose to cancel a lay-by at any time
- Mighty Ape will cancel a lay-by sale if payment is not made in full within 90 days. You will be notified by email of any cancellation
- a 10% cancellation fee applies to all lay-bys (policy introduced on lay-bys created from 19 July 2016)
- the full amount that you have paid will be refunded by bank deposit to your NZ bank account, or a store credit, minus the 10% cancellation fee
- lay-bys are considered on a case-by-case basis with consideration given to the availability of the items being purchased and a customer's history with Mighty Ape. Mighty Ape reserves the right to deny lay-by applications for any reason
- lay-by orders are considered final and payments are non-transferable. It is not possible to add or remove items or transfer payments from one order to another
To enquire about buying on layby please contact our support team who are very happy to assist you!